I don't know if anyone is actually going to be reading this besides myself but here goes nothing. there are so many things I want to do that I figured started a blog for the things that I am passionate about will help pull them more into focus as well as allow me to expand my knowledge of these things. So I decided to start this blog on cooking. To say I love to cook is to say that a gamer loves to play with toys - a COMPLETE understatement. I really do love to cook, I find it very calming and helps relieve the stress of the day/week.
I am self taught- never took a class - and my mother was the average stay at home mom style cook. My father was born in Georgia and I remember my grandmother's cooking when I was a child and wish that I knew what she did. She was an amazing cook and that again is an understatement. She never did anything fancy or foreign she did traditional southern style cooking. I think it was so good because of all the love and care that she put into the meal she was serving to her family. She had a small garden out in the back yard between the back porch and the barn that of coarse had the reddest tomatoes that I have ever since to this day growing in them. I am hoping within this next year to have a garden (very small) in my backyard. I plan on tomatoes, squash, and maybe cucumbers. I will just have to see how well things want to grow here in NM.
Well there is my inspiration. Let's get cooking and see what happens.
No comments:
Post a Comment